Stryker sells substandard knee replacements
Update added by user Sep 30, 2013
We have reached a satisfactory settlement on this matter
Original review posted by user Feb 22, 2012
My fiance had a knee replacement and it was a horrible, painful surgery. He had problems thereafter and one night two years later hobbled in and said, "There is a screw coming out of my knee." I looked and there was a screw pushing from inside his knee and he could not bend it. Next day, the surgeon who had performed the surgery turned white when he saw the x ray of the screw backing out inside his knee. My fiance had to have a SECOND surgery to replace the screw and plastic parts in his knee. It was horrendous and doubly painful the second time.
We decided to get our out of pocket costs back from Stryker, the maker of the bad knee. We have called and called and spoken to the Stryker attorney, who made us a ridiculous offer of less than 1/4 of what we spent in copays at the hospital and other expenses. But that told us that they know they are liable. We declined and gave her an offer, still way too low, but they should have jumped all over it.
Now Erika, the Stryker attorney dodges our phone calls and does not call back anymore. She thinks she can out smart us on this and that is not going to happen.
My fiance suffered greatly due to their malfeasance, lost a month of work, spent money out of his pocket to have this knee revision and had to have a 8 inch cut in his knee a SECOND TIME!!!
If your doctor ever tells you they will insert a Stryker knee or hip when doing a replacement, RUN AWAY. They sell bad products and will not stand behind them.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "While veteranarian Stuart McCall of Santa Fe New Mexico is in Santa Fe sleeping with wives of his clients, Kim McCall, Kim T McCall, Kimberly McCall of Santa Fe is..."
- "Residents of Sault Ste Marie Ontario inform yourself before entering the emergency department; Maltreatment of sick patient's waiting for medical assistance in Canadian Emergency Department is not acceptable or ethical. Recently..."
- "I had my hips and inner thighs done and I know look abnormal. They went down to the bone especially my hips it looks like I have indents. ..."
- "NEVER EVER Rent from All County Property Management. They are *** and lazy. I have unfortunately lived here for 2 yrs. I had no choice at the time I was..."
- "I purchased the case (3 boxes, total of 18 packs) of Kellogg's PopTarts a couple of weeks ago and upon opening the individual packages noticed that the product was wet..."
- "Her Mug shot http://www.bustedmugshots.com/florida/tampa/kellie-callan/23118641 Her facebook account http://facebook.com/CallKell Pictures of her on google http://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=pfwe&cp=13&gs_id=24&xhr=t&q=kellie+callan&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&biw=1024&bih=573&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=kellie+callan&aq=0&aqi=g1g-v3&aql=f&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=3fe849949543139c We also recently found out she appeared on an episode of Hogan Know Best. This is the episode description http://www.tv.com/shows/hogan-knows-best/nicks-girlfriend-442226/ When I..."
- "Ordered one thing and they delivered a much cheaper arrangement and said they would replace it next day with the right thing. Never did and when you call they..."
- "I hate HomeTeam Pest Defense. It is my opinion, that they sell the worst termite protection service possible. Their Sentricon system failed to protect my home from termites, and then they..."
- "Specifically; fit, finish and quality issues throughout. The RV is put together with cheap and inferior quality products, the fit and finish is horrible and the customer "NO" service..."