Stryker sells substandard knee replacements
Update added by user Sep 30, 2013
We have reached a satisfactory settlement on this matter
Original review posted by user Feb 22, 2012
My fiance had a knee replacement and it was a horrible, painful surgery. He had problems thereafter and one night two years later hobbled in and said, "There is a screw coming out of my knee." I looked and there was a screw pushing from inside his knee and he could not bend it. Next day, the surgeon who had performed the surgery turned white when he saw the x ray of the screw backing out inside his knee. My fiance had to have a SECOND surgery to replace the screw and plastic parts in his knee. It was horrendous and doubly painful the second time.
We decided to get our out of pocket costs back from Stryker, the maker of the bad knee. We have called and called and spoken to the Stryker attorney, who made us a ridiculous offer of less than 1/4 of what we spent in copays at the hospital and other expenses. But that told us that they know they are liable. We declined and gave her an offer, still way too low, but they should have jumped all over it.
Now Erika, the Stryker attorney dodges our phone calls and does not call back anymore. She thinks she can out smart us on this and that is not going to happen.
My fiance suffered greatly due to their malfeasance, lost a month of work, spent money out of his pocket to have this knee revision and had to have a 8 inch cut in his knee a SECOND TIME!!!
If your doctor ever tells you they will insert a Stryker knee or hip when doing a replacement, RUN AWAY. They sell bad products and will not stand behind them.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- " PLEASE READ THIS... DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR THEM UNTIL ALL YOUR PROCEDURES ARE COMPLETE! I had all my teeth removed painlessly there, that is what I gave them..."
- "they do not provide you what they promiseas someone mentioned before they treat you like a celebrity until they get your money notice that none of them at the office..."
- "If you were or still are a member of Kaiser & you had an appointment on January 19, 2012 it is most likely that someone else received your medical information..."
- "I purchased a warranty from H.H. GREGG Appliance and Electronics. I called for service at first H.H.GREGG Phone number 727-484-3051 press a number for service I did I got a Girl..."
- "Purchased living room ensemble which included sectional sofa, end tables, entertainment wall unit, and as a bonus, a 50" plasma TV. Also purchased the "protection" plan for the..."
- "My husband purchased a heart diamond in 1993 from Kay’s and we have been getting it reset occasionally. Oct. 2014 he had it reset at Jared, associate of Kay’s,..."
- "Illegal immigrant from Brazil working in the United States pharmaceutical industry. Peter Miter has been living in the United States illegally since the age of 13. Peter Miter..."
- "After using Wen all in one hair treatment I noticed more and more hair in the shower stall and the drain protector. Hair was all over the bathroom after towel..."
- "I have a white carpet,with some stains and high traffic dirt. I made an appointment and was hoping for at least a cleaner carpet. I wasn't expecting miracles on the..."