Update added by user Sep 30, 2013
We have reached a satisfactory settlement on this matter
Original review posted by user Feb 22, 2012
My fiance had a knee replacement and it was a horrible, painful surgery. He had problems thereafter and one night two years later hobbled in and said, "There is a screw coming out of my knee." I looked and there was a screw pushing from inside his knee and he could not bend it. Next day, the surgeon who had performed the surgery turned white when he saw the x ray of the screw backing out inside his knee. My fiance had to have a SECOND surgery to replace the screw and plastic parts in his knee. It was horrendous and doubly painful the second time.
We decided to get our out of pocket costs back from Stryker, the maker of the bad knee. We have called and called and spoken to the Stryker attorney, who made us a ridiculous offer of less than 1/4 of what we spent in copays at the hospital and other expenses. But that told us that they know they are liable. We declined and gave her an offer, still way too low, but they should have jumped all over it.
Now Erika, the Stryker attorney dodges our phone calls and does not call back anymore. She thinks she can out smart us on this and that is not going to happen.
My fiance suffered greatly due to their malfeasance, lost a month of work, spent money out of his pocket to have this knee revision and had to have a 8 inch cut in his knee a SECOND TIME!!!
If your doctor ever tells you they will insert a Stryker knee or hip when doing a replacement, RUN AWAY. They sell bad products and will not stand behind them.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Knee Replacement
- Review category
- Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
- Review rating
- 2 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "Please see my pre and post op pics before you consider having anything done at SB. It's been a long journey for me. And now we will be going to..."
- " PLEASE READ THIS... DO NOT LEAVE FEEDBACK FOR THEM UNTIL ALL YOUR PROCEDURES ARE COMPLETE! I had all my teeth removed painlessly there, that is what I gave them..."
- "I was told by my periodontist that as soon as the technology for implants improved I should get them and I did for my whole mouth. And it was..."
- "Sandy Solomon SCAMMED us with over billing, double billing and charges above expected while sending methodically so many invoices that it was impossible to follow up on and check. We recommend:..."
- "Petsmart has me totally outraged about the way they care for (or fail to care for) their fish, especially the Betta fish. I recently bought one sick Betta and tried..."
- " I met Mr. Todd and his assistant Gene Kelly, from Todd Homes at the home to be inspected. The process took about 2 hours which seemed to be through...."
- "The generator fell off the RV. There are 4 carriage bolts holding the QD 3200 Generator in place. 3 snapped and dropped the generator on the ground. You..."
- "I purchased a refrigerator from HHgregg on a HHgregg credit card, price $2,197 model # WRV986FDEM01 S# K61328309 delivered June 5, 2016. I noticed after about two weeks that..."
- "I accepted a proposal for the purchase and installation of a new computer. The proposal included "Onsite/In-Home Service after remote diagnosis (performed by Absolute Communications) 3 years". I purchased..."